Activate Your Pitcher While Connected to Wi-FiThe computer or mobile device you use to set up, or “Activate,” your pitcher must be connected to Wi-Fi when you begin the Activation process.
Activate While in, or Near, the Kitchen
- Activate your pitcher near the sink where you will be refilling the pitcher.
- Your Wi-Fi router should not be more than about 25 feet from the sink where you’ll be refilling the pitcher.
Compatible Wi-Fi Network Types802.11 b/g/n
- Check the specs of your router. As long as any one, or all, of the letters "b/g/n" are mentioned after "802.11" in the specs of your router, the pitcher is compatible with it.
- A router that only supports 802.11a will not work.
The pitcher does not support the 5 GHz band.
- 802.11a is a specification for the 5 GHz band only.
- 802.11b and 802.11g are for the 2.4 GHz band.
- 802.11n applies to both bands.With a dual-band router, the pitcher will recognize and connect to the 2.4 GHz band of dual-band routers.The a/b/g/n stuff breaks down as follows: So yes, if ‘b’, ‘g’, or ‘n’ are listed, then the router will support the device, as long as the router is also configured to serve a 2.4GHz network.
- Unsecured networks are supported.
- WPA2-PSK: If you have a password protected Wi-Fi network, your Wi-Fi security must be WPA2-PSK.
The pitcher has a connectivity reach of about 25- 50 feet; it might have trouble connecting with your router at a range beyond that. Physical obstructions like brick walls and metal frames or siding can reduce its connectivity range by 25% or more.
Supported Operating Systems and Browsers
You can activate your pitcher using any of the following operating system/browser combinations:
- OS X 10.9 + (with Safari 7+, Chrome 43+, Firefox 41+).
- Windows 7 (with IE 8 and IE 11, Chrome 43+, Firefox 41+).
- Windows 8.1 (with IE 11, Chrome 43+, Firefox 41+).
- Windows 10 (with IE 11, Chrome 43+, Firefox 41+). Please note that many people who upgraded to Windows 10 experienced Wi-Fi connectivity problems. In many cases, the problem was an outdated or incompatible network adapter driver. If you’ve upgraded to Windows 10, please ensure your network adapter driver is compatible with Windows 10 before you start the Infinity activation process.
- iOS 8.0 + (with Mobile Safari).
- Android 4.1 + (with Native browser, Mobile Chrome).
Networks That Are Not Supported
- Guest networks/Hotspots that use a portal page or sign-in popover to login.
- Proxy servers.
- Enterprise access points configured to require certificates or some other form of enterprise authentication (aka "802.1X", "RADIUS", or "WPA/WPA2 Enterprise").
- Hidden networks.
- If your SSID is broadcast more than once, the pitcher supports only the one with the strongest signal, and it doesn’t support 5 GHz bands.